Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My Torch Coverage is Bigger than Yours

The Torch Relay...Online

I must admit my initial reaction to the arrival of the Olympic torch was one of apathy.  No, that's wrong.  My initial reaction was "Why has David Beckham come as a pirate?  And not even a good pirate.  A kind of cartoon pirate that my nephew might have drawn".  Anyway, at first, it's fair to say, I was unimpressed.  Now I'm addicted.  I can't stop myself checking the route, watching the video and announcing loudly to no-one in particular "it's in Street at the moment...a street in Street, geddit, ha ha ha ha".

But I have a problem.  And it's online.  The BBC's site has provided us with a live feed incorporating video, some words, twitter highlights and a map with a pulsating red orb so you know exactly where that torch is (0 mins from Coxley! Watch out Coxley!).  On the other channel...there's the official London 2012 site with their video and interactive map where you can find out about who is carrying the torch.  I don't know which I prefer so I've taken to having both open and jumping between the two if one video crashes (or if the man carrying the video camera crashes...yes, I know it's probably a tiny webcam embedded in the skull of one of the police officers, duh!). 

Anyway, decide for yourself...


No comments:

Post a Comment